Already have a Username/Password for Journal of Learning Analytics?
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission must follow the guidance appropriate to the section to which it is submitted and include all required elements, as detailed in the Journal’s Focus and Scope materials, including word limits, document sections, inclusion of ‘notes’, etc.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it under review elsewhere.
- Submissions that extend previously published conference papers are welcome provided that the journal submission has sufficiently been extended (at least 25-30% of new contribution). Submissions that are extensions of previously published conference papers must be accompanied by a cover letter outlining the new contributions.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Journal Layout Template (in Word or LaTeX), is written in English, and provides URLs and DOIs for the references where available.
- Author lists contain all those, and only those, who meet the JLA criteria for authorship by (1) making substantial contributions to study conception, design, or analysis and interpretation; (2) being involved in the writing of the manuscript; and (3) approval of and responsibility for the final version. All authors must adhere to Journal Policies, including the Authorship Statement.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons License, Attribution - NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported (CC BY-NC-ND 3.0) license that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process. Where an earlier version of a manuscript was available publicly, this should be (1) noted to the editors in an accompanying file or submission note, and (2) if the paper is accepted, added to the declaration of interests section of the manuscript. Any preprint version should be updated to refer readers to the journal version as the document of record. The JLA supports open dissemination of knowledge as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).